For Brown | RISD Dual Degree students
The following list gives you a month-by-month view of upcoming events, deadlines and next steps to remember.
Required tasks (marked with an R) need to be completed in the incoming student portal. This page will be updated over the coming months with additional deadlines and tasks. If you are an international BRDD student, remember that you will turn in your international documents and start the I-20 process with Brown, not RISD. If you are considering deferring your admission, please refer to RISD's deferral policy.
- April 6: BRDD decisions released
- May 3: Deadline to reserve a space in the class at Brown (BRDD students do not need to submit an enrollment deposit to RISD)
- Early May: Start looking out for Countdown to RISD emails
- Mid-May: Applications open for the RISD First-Generation to College Pre-Orientation Program
- Mid-May: Housing portal opens
- May 21: applications due for RISD First-Generation to College Pre-Orientation Program: RISD FGC POP
- TBA: Join ArtWorks (RISD Careers’ opportunity board)
- June 1: International students complete all international forms R
- Mid-June: Complete housing application R
- July 1: Submit final high school transcripts R
- July 1: Submit all incoming student forms and to-do items R
- End of July: Gather original documents/materials needed for student employment (ex: driver’s license, government photo ID, US passport, social security card, birth certificate with seal)