For first-year students
The following list gives you a month-by-month view of upcoming events, deadlines and next steps to remember.
Required tasks (marked with an R) need to be completed in the incoming student portal. This page will be updated over the coming months with additional deadlines and tasks. If you are an international student please make sure to refer to our international student support content. If you are considering deferring your admission, please refer to RISD's deferral policy.
- December 14: Early Decision students notified
- January 12: Early Decision students submit $500 enrollment deposit (non-refundable) R
- March 17: Regular Decision students notified
- Mid-March: Register for online info sessions
- March 31: Brown | RISD Dual Degree acceptance notification
- Early April: Incoming student forms available to fill out via your incoming student portal (health forms, RISD alerts, student policies) R
- May 1: Deadline for Regular Decision students to submit $500 enrollment deposit (non-refundable)
- Early May: Start looking out for Countdown to RISD emails
- May 3: Housing portal opens - Students seeking a change or an accommodation for their housing on campus due to a medical reason should review the Medical Accommodation guidelines and timeline. Contact Disability Support Services with questions.
- Late May: Join ArtWorks (RISD Careers’ opportunity board)
- May 24: Medical accommodations for housing for the 22-23 AY are reviewed monthly by the Medical Accommodations Review Committee. Materials submitted by May 24 will ensure a review and a timely response.
- May 31: Complete housing application R
- Early June: International students complete all international forms R
- June 1: applications due for RISD First-Generation to College Pre-Orientation Program: RISD FGC POP
- Mid-June: Watch your RISD email for regular outreach from Student Financial Services and respond to any requests for missing financial aid information
- July 1: Submit final high school transcripts R
- July 3: Review your fall bill, which will be emailed to your student RISD email address. Students can add authorized users
- Mid July: Submit all incoming student forms and to-do items R
- July 14: Submit all health forms and vaccine information to your online Patient Portal. R
- End of July: Gather original documents/materials needed for student employment (ex: driver’s license, government photo ID, US passport, social security card, birth certificate with seal)
- August 1: Fall bill is due
- August 31: Residence halls open for new international students
- August 31 - September 2: International Student Orientation for Undergraduates
- August 31 - September 2: International Student Orientation for Undergraduate students
- September 3: Residence halls open for First-Year undergraduate students
- September 3: First-Year undergraduate students move-in
- September 3 - September 5: New undergraduate student orientation
- September 6: First day of classes and Welcome Back evening activities for ALL students
More upcoming events at Involved site
Please visit involved.risd.edu for events this coming year at RISD.