For first-year students
The following list gives you a month-by-month view of upcoming events, deadlines and next steps to remember.
Required tasks (marked with an R) need to be completed in the incoming student portal. This page will be updated over the coming months with additional deadlines and tasks. If you are an international student please make sure to refer to our international student support content. If you are considering deferring your admission, please refer to RISD's deferral policy.
- December 10: Early Decision students notified
- January 15: Early Decision students submit $500 enrollment deposit R (~3 days after submitting your deposit you will receive an email about your RISD email account)
- March 11: Regular Decision students notified
- Mid-March: Register for online info sessions
- TBA: Brown | RISD Dual Degree acceptance notification
- Early April: Incoming student forms available to fill out via your incoming student portal (health forms, title ix training, risd alerts, student policies) R
- April 1: applications open for RISD First-Generation to College Pre-Orientation Program: RISD FGC POP
- May 1: Deadline for Regular Decision students to submit $500 enrollment deposit
- Early May: Start looking out for Countdown to RISD emails
- Mid-May: Applications open for the RISD First-Generation to College Pre-Orientation Program
- Mid-May: Housing portal opens
- May 21: applications due for RISD First-Generation to College Pre-Orientation Program: RISD FGC POP
- TBA: Join ArtWorks (RISD Careers’ opportunity board)
- June 1: International students complete all international forms R
- June 4: applications due for RISD First-Generation to College Pre-Orientation Program: RISD FGC POP
- Mid-June: Complete housing application R
- July 1: Submit final high school transcripts R
- July 15: Submit all incoming student forms and to-do items R
- End of July: Gather original documents/materials needed for student employment (ex: driver’s license, government photo ID, US passport, social security card, birth certificate with seal)
- August 1: Deadline to submit vaccine information R
- August 16: Students requiring vaccinations arrive on campus
- September 2: International orientation begins (optional). Residential halls open for those attending.
- September 4: Orientation begins for incoming new students. Residential halls open for those attending.